Thursday, October 7, 2010

Google TV Logitech Revue Can't Wait

For a few years now my online video viewing experience has been (a) boot computer for 2 minutes, (b) deal with dual monitor configuration, and (c) deal with big, clunky keyboard.  I've been using ubuntu for this and an extremely reliable and capable wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse (S520).  Graphics card has an HDMI output and looks great on my 42" LCD.  It has served me well, but overall, a clunky process for my wife and I to use on a daily basis.  So, the Logitech Revue, even though not terribly cheap at $300, seems AWESOME.  It seems like Boxee or Myth TV on steroids, but without the hassle of hacking to make it all work.  I have no interest in Apple TV, as I don't want any limits on content availability and per-movie costs.  I know I will use Google TV and the Logitech Revue for a few years, so $300 doesn't seem all that bad.  The demos I've seen are simply...RAD!  I don't have cable TV and only watch DVDs, Hulu, Netflix, and Youtube.  Google TV just needs to get the Hulu partnership and it will simply rule.  I'll post my thoughts when I've bought and used it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment