Saturday, November 20, 2010

What I'm listening to on Pandora these days

My usual choice is jungle and drum and bass, but lately I've been listening to some aurally-pleasing trance.  Am I mellowing out?  I don't think so.  I suppose I just go through phases.

Chicane: Love all his music.  Saltwater is epic, and the video is set to surfing!  It simply doesn't get better than that (besides actually going surfing).

Paul Van Dyk: I am a long-time fan of PVD.  Got lots of his CDs.  I find all his music truly aurally pleasing.


Armin Van Buuren: Recently bought Image album after hearing on Pandora.  Excellent.  He's a great song composer/arranger.  Songs I'm liking, among so many: From The Heart, Going Wrong


DJ Tiesto: No need to say anything more.


George Acosta: Bought History of Trance, mainly for the track Calling Your Name, by Anomaly.  Yeah, good old stuff!  Some have said this album is cliche, trendy crap.  WTF, it's all a matter of personal taste.  Sorry if my taste isn't eclectic enough.


Ferry Corsten: Among most of his music/mixes, I especially love the song Beautiful.


LTJ Bukem: song: Rhodes to Freedom


ATB: song: I Will Not Forget


Gouryella: The song is...Gouryella.  Awesome!  On a Tiesto mix album called Magik Three: Far from the Earth.

On a side note: I subscribe to Pandora One.  $36/year.  Higher bit rate, no ads, and no nagging (as often) wondering if I'm listening or not.  At $3/month, that beats the hell out of a $3.85 drink at Starbucks, and supports an online service that simply kicks ass in all respects.  I hope Pandora exists forever.  I've found so many artists I was previously not aware of.  And, I buy their music.

No comments:

Post a Comment